We use your personal information in order to fulfill our commitment to providing a personal and unique guest service experience. As part of that undertaking, we are committed to safeguarding the privacy of the personal information that we gather.
As one of our guests, you understand and agree that we collect and use your personal information in accordance with this Personal Information Management Policy for Guests (this “Policy”).
THE APPLICATION OF THIS POLICY
This Policy applies to personal information regarding guests and the other individuals with whom we do business or who visit us and to the use of that personal information in any form – whether oral, electronic or written.
References to “The Hotel”, “we” and “our” throughout this Policy, depending upon the context, refer to Strandhotel Røsnæs.
“Personal information” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly (e.g. name) or indirectly (e.g. telephone number).
This Personal Information Management Policy forms part of the terms and conditions that govern our hotel services. By accepting these terms and conditions, you expressly accept the provisions of this policy.
We take appropriate technical and organizational measures, in accordance with applicable legal provisions, to protect your personal data against illicit or accidental destruction, accidental alteration or loss, and unauthorized access or disclosure. To this end, we have taken technical and organizational measures to ensure the safety off you personal information.
TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The types of personal information that we process include:
- YOUR NAME, CONTACT DETAILS, BUSINESS TITLE, DATE OF BIRTH, NATIONALITY, AND PASSPORT NUMBER;
- GUEST STAY INFORMATION, INCLUDING YOUR DATE OF ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE, GOODS AND SERVICES PURCHASED, SPECIAL REQUESTS MADE, OBSERVATIONS ABOUT YOUR SERVICE PREFERENCES (INCLUDING ROOM AND HOLIDAY PREFERENCES), AND MESSAGES RECEIVED;
- YOUR CREDIT CARD DETAILS, ONLINE USER ACCOUNT DETAILS, AND PROFILE DETAILS;
- ANY INFORMATION NECESSARY TO FULFILL SPECIAL REQUESTS (E.G., SPECIFIC DIETARY REQUESTS, PURCHASE OF GOODS AND SERVICES, ANNIVERSARY DATES ETC.);
- INFORMATION COLLECTED THROUGH THE USE OF CLOSED CIRCUIT TELEVISION SYSTEMS, CARD KEY AND OTHER SECURITY SYSTEMS;
- CONTACT AND OTHER RELEVANT DETAILS CONCERNING THE EMPLOYEES OF CORPORATE ACCOUNTS;
- IN LIMITED CASES, INFORMATION RELATING TO THE CREDIT OF CUSTOMERS.
We do not deliberately collect sensitive information, such as information revealing racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, genetic data, biometric data, data concerning health or data concerning a guest’s sex life or sexual orientation.
HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- WHEN YOU PROVIDE INFORMATION TO US VIA OUR WEBSITE OR WHEN YOU SEND US EMAILS;
- WHEN WE SPEAK WITH YOU ON THE PHONE;
- WHEN WE SPEAK TO YOU IN PERSON;
- WHEN YOU USE OUR WEBSITES OR APPLICATIONS; OR
- WHEN YOUR IMAGE IS CAPTURED ON CCTV AT THE HOTEL.
Most of the personal information we process is information that you or someone acting on your behalf knowingly provides to us. However, in some instances, we process personal information that we are able to infer about you based on other information you provide to us or on our interactions with you, or personal information about you that we receive from a third party such as a travel agent.
FOR WHICH PURPOSES ARE THE INFORMATION USED
Subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we may collect and process your personal information in order to:
- FULFILL CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS TO YOU, ANYONE INVOLVED IN THE PROCESS OF MAKING YOUR TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS (E.G., TRAVEL AGENTS, GROUP TRAVEL ORGANIZERS OR YOUR EMPLOYER) AND VENDORS (E.G., CREDIT CARD COMPANIES);
PROVIDE AND CHARGE FOR THE HOTEL ACCOMMODATION AND OTHER GOODS AND SERVICES YOU PURCHASE;
- PROVIDE YOU WITH A BETTER, MORE PERSONALIZED LEVEL OF SERVICE;
- CONDUCT MARKET RESEARCH, CUSTOMER SATISFACTION AND QUALITY ASSURANCE SURVEYS, DIRECT MARKETING AND SALES PROMOTIONS;
- RESPOND TO REQUESTS FOR INFORMATION AND SERVICES;
- PROVIDE FOR THE SAFETY AND SECURITY OF STAFF, GUESTS AND OTHER VISITORS;
- ADMINISTER GENERAL RECORD KEEPING; AND
- MEET LEGAL AND REGULATORY REQUIREMENTS.
DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We reserve the right to disclose any personal information we have concerning you if we are compelled to do so by a court of law or requested to do so by a governmental entity or if we determine it is necessary or desirable to comply with the law or to protect or defend our rights or property in accordance with applicable laws. We also reserve the right to retain personal information collected and to process such personal information to comply with accounting, tax rules and regulations and any specific record retention laws.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT WHEN YOU VISIT US ONLINE
If you choose to obtain information or do business with us online by visiting sh-r.dk, you may wish to know the following:
When you visit our websites, we collect usage information, but that information is not linked to you as an individual unless you create a user profile. We use this information to evaluate and improve the features, guest experience and functionality of our websites.
We use “cookie technology” on our websites to allow us to evaluate and improve the functionality of our websites. Cookies by themselves cannot be used to reveal your identity. They identify your browser, but not you, to our servers when you visit our websites. If you do not want to accept cookies, you can block them by adjusting the settings on your Internet browser.
You may always choose which personal information you wish to provide to us. However, if you choose not to provide certain details, some of your experiences with us may be affected (for example, we cannot take a reservation without a name).
If you provide us with your contact details, we may contact you before your stay with relevant information. You can always choose whether or not to receive any or all of these communications by contacting us.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Strandhotel Røsnæs possesses and uses your personal information for 2 years after your stay, as required by Danish law, and destroys without delay such personal information if the purpose of use has been satisfied. The procedure and method for destruction is as follows:
Personal information documented on paper will be shredded or incinerated.
Personal information saved in the form of electronic files will be destroyed by technical means making the records non-reproducible.
UPDATING OR ACCESSING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to access, modify and request deletion of personal information stored about you. If you want to inquire about any personal information we may have about you, you can do so by sending us a written request email to email@example.com.
Please be sure to include your full name, address and telephone number and a copy of a document evidencing your identity (such as an ID card or passport) so we can ascertain your identity and whether we have any personal information regarding you, or in case we need to contact you to obtain any additional information, we may require to make that determination.